CALENDAR of EVENTS
- Oct 02, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM PDTOnline Workshop Series
- Oct 04, 4:30 PM – 6:45 PM PDTOnline 8-Session Workshop Series
- Intro to Compassionate Listening: Healing Our World from the Inside Out with Amalia Phillips & Liz SpitzerOct 09, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM PDTOnline 4-Session Workshop Series
- Oct 10, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT6 Session Online Workshop Series
- Oct 24, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM PDTOnline 4-Session Workshop Series
- Intro to Compassionate Listening: Healing Our World from the Inside Out with Amalia Phillips & Liz SpitzerNov 02, 3:30 PM – 6:00 PM PDTOnline 4-Session Workshop Series
- Feb 15, 2022, 5:00 PM PST – Feb 23, 2022, 5:00 PM PSTMontgomery, AL, USA
- Time is TBD8-Session Online Workshop Series
The intelligence of the heart is confirmed in research in the field of Neurocardiology. In Compassionate Listening, our emphasis is on strengthening the influence of the heart through cultivating compassion for ourselves and others, and learning to listen and speak from the heart – even in the heat of conflict. In Compassionate Listening workshops, we learn how to reach through layers of defensiveness and reactivity to our essential core. From there, harnessing the power of our heart, we can shift communication and relationships into compassionate interaction. We are truly learning to be the peace we wish to see in the world, as Gandhi so eloquently challenged us to do.
Our highly experiential workshops are designed around five core practices:
Cultivating Compassion for ourselves and others;
Developing the Fair Witness by remaining open and working with triggers in conflict situations;
Respecting Self and Others by developing boundaries which protect yet include;
Listening with the Heart – allow divergence and find a deeper point of connection;
Speaking from the Heart with language that reflects a healing intention.
We believe that these skills are essential for our evolution as a human species. As the Dalai Lama says, compassion is no longer a luxury, it is essential for our human survival. Learning how to navigate conflict, work with our judgments and triggers, and humanize those we think of as "other" live at the heart of our trainings. These are life-long practices that will serve you in all relationships - as friend, parent, child, sibling, neighbor, co-worker, lover and leader. They will guide you to heal troubled or broken relationships, and strengthen your peace-making skills in daily life.
Please contact us to host a Compassionate Listening workshop or to partner with us to bring Compassionate Listening to your community or work place.