DATE: 25 – 26, February 2017
TIME: 9 am – 5 pm each day (lunch 1-2 pm)
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus.
No 2, Jalan Taylor’s
47500 Subang Jaya
COST: RM900 per participant for 2-day workshop
EARLY BIRD: RM850 and for groups of 3 signing up together
As every spiritual master recognizes, listening is one of the most precious gifts we can give to another human being, in the workplace as well as in our home life. How do we provide this gift to those with whom we work, to those with whom we have business transactions? What are the baseline skills that contribute to heart-to-heart connections – and how do we bring them into our everyday business lives?
We recognize that staying connected to our own hearts and deepest values, particularly in the heat of conflict or stressful situations, can profoundly impact those around us.
The practice of Compassionate Listening builds the foundation for trust, connection, compassion, respectful dialogue and ultimately for creating sustainable changes in the human environment within families, schools, workplaces and communities. This workshop will provide Compassionate Listening theory and walk people through basic experiential exercises related to the five core practices listed below. It will help participants see that each of us has the choice to create a culture of peace in our daily work lives.
Our powerful exercises enable participants to begin listening with a different ear to themselves and the people closest to them.
After the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the core practices of Compassionate Listening
◦ Cultivating compassion for self and others
◦ Respecting self and others
◦ Developing the “fair witness”
◦ Listening with the heart
◦ Speaking from the heart
• Experience the difference between head-based and heart-based listening and speaking and learn to integrate the two
• Identify and manage emotional “triggers”
• Learn to connect with another when in the heat of conflict
• Gain understanding of the heart/brain research related to compassion
• Learn basic centering techniques
Joan Levine and Yehudah Winter, CL Facilitators
Sharifah Raudhah Alqudsy
Founder, Face to Face Technology
Leadership Followership Performance Coach,
Corporate Trainer, Facilitator
Working with Managers and Leaders in South East Asia using
Process Work and Clean Coaching Tools
Mobile: +60 12- 268 0267